CARA CEPAT BERBAHASA INGGRIS

THE USE OF THERE IS AND THERE ARE

Conversation :

Mr. Black : Excuse me, how many......... islands are there in Indonesia ?
Mr. Roy : Well sir, I.........there are five. Namely : Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi and Irian jaya.
Mr. Black : Among the five islands, is there the biggest one? Can you tell me please ?
Mr. Roy : Surely, there is the biggest one. It is Kalimantan
Mr. Black : Well, I...............now. Thank you so much for your answers. Good bye see you next
Mr. Roy : ..........we see

Vocabulary : guess, main, not at all, am with you

Note : A. THERE IS, is used to denote Singular noun
B. THERE ARE, is used to denote Plural Noun

The Patterns are as the following:

*) THERE + TO BE + SINGULAR/PLURAL + NOUN
Ex. : There is a car on the road
There are bookcases in that shop
*) THERE + TO BE + NOT + SINGULAR/PLURAL + NOUN
Ex : There is not a bag in the table
There are not a map in that office
*) TO BE + THERE + SINGULAR/PLURAL + NOUN + ?
Ex : Is there a wolf in the jungle?
Are there mice in that mouse?
Exercise :
Arrange these sentences bellow into the logical ones!
there – at – an – is – school – exam – my
are – there – village – trees – some – their – in
is – an – orange – there – here
a- spot – on – there – shirt – your – is
is – here – there – tray – table – a – on ?

Homework ( PR )
Change these exercise below according to the sign given!
There are clocks on the wall (-)
Is there a match in your pocket ? (+)
There are not any letters for you today. (?)
Is there portfolio on the shelf? (-)
There is not a badminton game today (?)
There are five people in the agricultural office now (?)
Is there pickpocket in bus now? (-)
There are cargos in the airport. (?)
Is there an artist in this town (+)
Are there any guasters in that area? (-)
INTRODUCTIONAL CONVERSATION

What’s your name?
Excuse me, what’s your name?
Excuse me, who are you?
Who shall I call you?
What name do I call you?

How do you do? I’m Roy
Hello I’m Roy
Hello, I’m glad to see you
Happy to see you
Wonderfull to see you
Nice to see you
Good to know you
What’s your purpose to come here?

What’s your aim to go there?

Excuse me, what are you?
What’s your job?
What’s your occupation?
What do you do?
What is he?

Excuse me, who are you and what are you?

Excuse me, are you Marry Jane?
How do you spell your name?

What’s your address, please?
What’s your telephone number?
What’s your zip code?

Excuse me, where do you come from?
Where is he from?

Where do you live?
What town do you live in?

How do you come here?
How do they get there?
How can I get there?
How can we get there?
How can I get to the market?
Excuse me, where is the beach, please?

What’s your native language?
What’s your nationality?
What’s your citizenship?

No comments:

Post a Comment